Stephen J Hazel, CFP® is a fee-only financial planner based in Tempe, AZ. He works with a wide range of clients in identifying and pursuing their life’s goals. He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and transitioned to the financial advisory business in early 2008 after spending nearly two decades in banking.
Stephen attended Occidental College in Eagle Rock, CA, studying physics and engineering, and after that, graduated from Arizona State University, earning a BA in Japanese, which he speaks conversationally. He acquired a Master’s in Business Administration from Grand Canyon University. He has been a senior-level executive with extensive financial administration and accounting experience in start-up companies and community-sized financial institutions.
Stephen is also devoted to education; he has been an Adjunct Faculty member for Rio Salado College and has been actively involved in the local community, having served on various charitable boards and organizations in support of education.
He coached the triathlon program for the Desert Mountain States Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and is a six-time IRONMAN® finisher and ten-time finisher of the San Diego Rock & Roll Marathon as well as a number of other endurance events. He enjoys reading and outdoor activities when the weather is right! He is the proud father of two sons and a daughter and is a longtime Arizona resident.
• Certified Financial Planner Professional – CFP®
• Certified Financial Transitionist – CeFT®
• Retirement Income Certified Professional – RICP®
• Enrolled Agent – EA
• Accredited Investment Fiduciary – AIF®
• Chartered Financial Consultant – ChFC®
• Former Adjunct Faculty, Rio Salado College, Personal Finance & General Business
• Master of Business Administration
• B.A. Asian Languages – Japanese