Robert V. Bolen, CFA, CFP®, CeFT®, Senior Wealth Manager, has more than 30 years of experience in securities analysis, portfolio management, financial planning and financial life transitions planning. Over the last 16 years, he has helped clients achieve their financial and life goals by integrating their money with their lives. Mr. Bolen’s passion is that clients would live inspired lives, free from worry about their money matters. This has led him to develop a client-centered practice whereby he walks with clients through a series of steps so that they increase the clarity of their goals and make decisions with confidence.
Mr. Bolen was an investment/securities analyst from 1986 through 2000, first with The Prudential Insurance Company (1986-1987), then with Equitable Securities (1988-1989) and lastly with Nashville based J. C. Bradford & Co. from 1989 to 2000. He was named a Partner with that firm in 1995. In 2000, Mr. Bolen joined a privately held company as Chief Financial Officer. However, during the fall of 2001, his love of the markets and a keen desire to help individuals attain their financial and life goals began to call him back. After an 18-month stint with Merrill Lynch & Co, he started his own fee-only firm, Envision Wealth Planning, in August 2003. He merged his practice with the fee-only investment advisory firm, United Income, in January 2018.
Mr. Bolen graduated Magna Cum Laude from Western Kentucky University in 1983 with a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting and graduated Summa Cum Laude from Indiana University in 1986 with an MBA in Finance and Management. He earned his Chartered Financial Analyst designation in 1988 and his Certified Financial Planner designation in 2002. A lifelong learner, Mr. Bolen has had extensive training in life coaching through the Coaches Training Institute and in Financial Transition Planning through the Sudden Money Institute.
Mr. Bolen is actively engaged in community affairs.
• Past Chairman, President and Board member, and current member, of the Middle Tennessee Chapter of the Financial Planning Association
• Past President and Board member, and current member, of the CFA Society of Nashville
• Past Treasurer and Board member of the 21st Drug Court
• Past Vice-Chairman of Christian Executive Officers (CEO) Fellowship
• Member of the Estate Planning Council of Middle TN
• Member of Grace Chapel Church in Leiper’s Fork, TN
• Mr. Bolen lives in Franklin, TN with his wife Pam and their two children, Marissa and Zachary